If you’re interested in experiencing PR agency life and gaining real-world knowledge and experience, then Dittoe Public Relations may be the place for you! We’re hiring public relations interns for summer 2018, and we want you to apply!
Here’s what you need to know:
Dittoe PR interns are responsible for assisting with the execution of strategic public relations and social media initiatives and contributing to the success of the firm’s clients, which span multiple industries. The internship position is an opportunity for detail-oriented, self-starters to develop a well-rounded public relations skillset in an energetic and challenging environment. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), initiative, creativity, high energy and an outgoing personality. Interns will gain experience in media relations, research and analysis, reporting, writing and more.
Interns will be mentored by intern directors and work closely with the firm’s entire staff, from account coordinators to the company’s partners. Interns should feel comfortable juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
We are looking for paid interns to work with us on a wide variety of client projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting content including press releases, media advisories, media pitches, social media posts, byline articles, blog posts, monthly reports and other materials as directed
- Carrying out special event planning tasks
- Attending and participating in agency meetings, training sessions, presentations, and brainstorming sessions
- Handling research and analysis projects in support of client objectives as needed
- Delivering client-ready materials for each project assignment
- Researching and developing comprehensive press lists for local, national, and trade media
- Assisting with client, business development and management projects as needed
- Assisting with administrative duties as assigned by staff
- Actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university journalism, public relations, strategic communications, marketing, advertising, or other related program
- Previous professional and/or relevant internship experience (public relations experience is a plus)
- An understanding of basic journalism and media relations skills
- Solid, versatile writing skills in both creative and technical fields
- An ability to be professional and personable in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates attention to detail and good judgment
- Smart, creative, assertive, and innovative individual who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willing to collaborate with teams
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Knowledge in social media, design, photography/videography are a plus
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with references, and three varying writing samples to Kate Stuard at kate [at] dittoepr [dot] com.
No phone calls please. Applications must be submitted by 5 P.M. EST on Friday, March 2.