Note: This position has been filled. If you’re interested in future job opportunities, we accept application materials on a rolling basis.
Dittoe Public Relations has an immediate opening for an experienced PR professional! Position details and how to apply can be found below. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6, and interviews with qualified individuals will begin immediately.
Meet Dittoe Public Relations
Dittoe Public Relations is an award-winning national public relations agency headquartered in Indianapolis, specializing in media relations, thought leadership, content creation, social media management and advertising, influencer marketing and crisis communications. Our team serves an impressive roster of clients across the country in both B2B and B2C industries, such as tech, retail, hospitality, nonprofit, education, health care, real estate, sports and more. By proactively shaping narratives that influence behavior and invoke change, we help organizations build legitimacy, credibility and authenticity.
Our results-driven mindset yields consistent and impactful metrics for our clients. In 2022, Dittoe PR secured an average 1 media hit per hour, per day with an average of 90M media impressions per day to match. Earned media coverage paired with strategic PR counsel, content writing and more has resulted in our agency earning numerous PR industry accolades in recent years, including being named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies.
What We Stand For
Dittoe PR embodies four core values: We’ve Got Your Back, Here We Grow, Exceed Expectations and Cultivate Happy (learn more in this blog post). Every team member strives to live out these values day in and day out while also maintaining servant leadership regardless of role or tenure. We prioritize the practice of anti-racism and are committed to cultivating a more inclusive and diverse culture by taking consistent action, continuing education, ensuring accountability, and evolving the industry (learn more in this blog post).
Dittoe PR’s Account Executives are key drivers of proactive execution, strategic ideation and content creation. With emphasis on local, national and trade media relations campaigns as well as content development, Account Executives are expected to drive results guided by public relations strategy and that meet and exceed client expectations. In this role, there are opportunities to lead select accounts and team members with support of a supervisor.
This position requires a well-rounded public relations skill set that our team is committed to helping you cultivate. Creative minds who can think critically and strategically are set up for success, and the ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player eager to tell clients’ stories and work in an energetic and challenging environment.
Essential Job Functions + Responsibilities*
- Serve as a lead on select accounts, managing results-driven public relations strategy and execution.
- Lead day-to-day client communications, both written and verbal, and serve as a supporting PR counsel for client contacts.
- Support (often leading) media relations execution and securing consistent, impactful media coverage for a roster of clients.
- Support ongoing strategic planning and development, alongside client teams and agency leaders.
- Contribute to content creation with a focus on bylines, press releases, case studies, award nominations, speaker proposals and more.
- Support (often leading) ideation for storytelling opportunities and contribute to development of these items.
- Play a key role in reporting impact of public relations efforts on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Gain leadership experience working directly with agency interns and account coordinators on select project assignments.
- Opportunities to contribute to business initiatives outside of account work, when available and as desired.
*Responsibilities may vary and are not limited to those noted above.
Skills + Experience
- This role requires a minimum of 2+ years of professional experience in a public relations or related position, media relations and agency experience is plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, business, marketing or a related program is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of the editorial process and how to work with media.
- Strong and versatile writing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with multiple teams/contacts.
- Experience in platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Muck Rack, Google Analytics, Zoom and more are a plus.
Dittoe PR understands the importance of providing benefits that support employee wellness in and out of the professional setting. Work benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Remote-first workplace, providing hybrid, remote and on-destination opportunities.
- Flexible, autonomous daily work hours.
- Unlimited vacation days, 10 paid holidays and agency-wide mental health days.
- Professional development stipends, team-wide organizational coaching, internal mentorship program, and continuing education programming.
- Paid parental leave plus fully remote work for the child’s first year.
- Full health, dental and vision benefits, inclusive of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs).
- Employer-match 401K plans.
- This is a full-time, salaried position; salary will reflect the level of experience upon job entry.
- In a fast-paced industry, team members will juggle multiple clients and competing deadlines.
- Occasional evenings, weekends or travel may be required as job duties demand.
- Being based in (or relocating* to) Central Indiana is preferred, but not required.
*Relocation costs are the responsibility of the candidate, if needed.
How to Apply
Dittoe PR is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin immediately. To apply, please send your resume with references and at least three relevant writing or work examples to Greta Snell at greta [at] dittoepr [dot] com with the subject line “Application for PR Account Executive.” No phone calls, please.
# # #