If you’re interested in experiencing PR agency life and gaining real-world knowledgeand experience, then Dittoe Public Relations may be the place for you! We’re hiring public relations interns for spring 2020, and we want you to apply! This is a paid internship with part-time and full-time options available.
Here’s what you need to know:
Dittoe PR interns are responsible for assisting with the execution of strategic public relations and social media initiatives and contributing to the success of the firm’s clients. Interns will be mentored by intern directors and work closely with the firm’s entire staff, from account coordinators to the company’s partners.
This internship is for detail-oriented, self-starters looking to develop a well-rounded public relations skill set in an energetic and challenging environment. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), initiative, and creativity, as well as feel comfortable juggling multiple projects and deadlines. Key tasks will focus on media relations, research and analysis, reporting, content creation, and more.
Sampling of responsibilities:
- Drafting compelling content such as press releases, media pitches, social media posts, and more
- Carrying out special event planning tasks
- Participating in agency meetings, training sessions, and brainstorming sessions
- Handling research and analysis projects in support of client objectives as needed
- Researching comprehensive press lists for local, national, and trade media
- Contributing to the execution of media relations campaigns
- Assisting with client and business projects as needed
- Assisting with administrative duties as assigned by staff
- Actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university journalism, public relations, strategic communications, marketing, advertising, or other related program
- Previous professional or relevant internship experience (public relations experience is a plus)
- An understanding of basic journalism and media relations skills
- Solid, versatile writing skills in both creative and technical fields
- An ability to be professional and personable in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates attention to detail and good judgment
- Smart, creative, assertive, and innovative individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willing to collaborate with teams
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Additional knowledge in social media, design, photography/videography are aplus
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with references, and three diverse writing samples to Vanessa Stepanek at va*****@di******.com. No phone calls please. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 P.M. EST on Tuesday, Oct. 15.