There is no longer an immediate opening, but we are always welcoming talented individuals to send along their resumes for when we are hiring again.
Account Coordinators are responsible for assisting in the execution of strategic public relations initiatives on behalf of the firm’s clients. This entry-level position is an opportunity for a smart, self-starting, detail-oriented individuals to develop a well-rounded roster of public relations skills and contribute to a variety of Dittoe Public Relations’ clients. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), creativity, high energy and an outgoing personality. A strong emphasis is placed on media relations, research and analysis, reporting and client communication.
Limited travel may be required for press tours, trade shows and client meetings. Preference will go toward those with relevant professional work or internship experience in public relations or a related field (agency experience is a plus). Salary will reflect level of experience and includes a great benefits package. Other perks include a gym membership, breakfast on Fridays, a weekly half-day work from home policy, summer flex hours, Wine Wednesdays, the “Wheel of Celebration” for work anniversaries, breakfast/lunch & learns, unlimited vacation time and paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Assist in proactive media relations efforts for target media (national, local and trade)
- Work closely with supervisors and account team members to execute public relations strategies and achieve clients’ defined goals
- Assist in content creation, such as press releases and advisories, thought leadership bylines and more
- Conduct and synthesize research, including media landscape and competitor analyses
- Compile comprehensive measurement reports detailing public relations and media relations efforts and outcomes
- Research industry trends, press lists and more
- Assist in event planning and coordination when needed
- Commit to continuous learning and training opportunities
- Practice leadership when supervising projects assigned to seasonal interns
- Contribute to the well-being, development and growth of the agency
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Internships or 1-2 years of relevant professional work experience in public relations or a related field (agency experience is a plus)
- Smart, creative, assertive and innovative individual who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate with teams
- Must be a versatile writer with both creative and technical writing experience
- Must demonstrate an understanding of media relations (direct experience is a plus)
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge in social media, design, photography/videography are a plus
To apply, send your cover letter, resume with references, and writing samples to Greta Snell at email@example.com.