If you’re interested in experiencing PR agency life and gaining real-world knowledge and experience, then Dittoe Public Relations may be the place for you! We’re hiring for multiple internship positions, including PR and social media interns, for the fall semester. Hours are flexible, pay is competitive and perks are abundant.
Here’s what you need to know:
Dittoe PR interns are responsible for assisting with the execution of strategic public relations and social media initiatives and contributing to the success of the firm’s clients, which span multiple industries. The internship position is an opportunity for detail-oriented, self-starters to develop a well-rounded public relations skill set in an energetic and challenging environment. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), initiative, creativity, high energy and an outgoing personality. Interns will gain experience in media relations, research and analysis, reporting, writing and more.
Interns will be mentored by an intern director and work closely with the firm’s entire staff, from account coordinators to the company’s partners. While the intern director will help prioritize tasks, interns should feel comfortable juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Drafting content including press releases, media advisories, media pitches, social media posts, byline articles, blog posts, monthly reports and other materials as directed
- Carrying out special event planning tasks as outlined by the intern director
- Attending and participating in agency meetings, training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions
- Handling research and analysis projects in support of client objectives as needed
- Delivering client-ready materials for each project assignment
- Researching and developing comprehensive press lists for local, national and trade media
- Assisting with client, business development and management projects as needed
- Assisting with administrative duties as assigned by staff
- Actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university journalism, public relations, strategic communications, marketing, advertising or other related program
- Previous professional and/or relevant internship experience (public relations experience is a plus)
- An understanding of basic journalism and media relations skills
- Solid, versatile writing skills in both creative and technical fields
- An ability to be professional and personable in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates attention to detail and good judgment
- Smart, creative, assertive and innovative individual who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willing to collaborate with teams
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Knowledge in social media, design, photography/videography are a
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with references and three varying writing samples to Kate Shambrook at kate [at] dittoepr [dot] com. Please also indicate which position you’d be most interested in. Available positions include public relations intern or social media intern.
No phone calls please. Applications must be submitted by 5 P.M. EST on Friday, June 23.