Ready to gain real-world knowledge, hands-on experience and deliver client-ready work at a national, award-winning PR agency? Trust us, no coffee runs here!
Dittoe Public Relations is hiring public relations and social media interns for Spring 2023, and we want you! Applications close at 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 4. This paid internship offers both part-time and full-time options.
Here’s what you need to know:
Dittoe PR interns are responsible for assisting with the execution of strategic public relations and social media initiatives and contributing to the success of the firm’s clients. Interns will be mentored by intern coordinators and work closely with the firm’s entire staff, from account coordinators to the company’s leadership team.
This internship is for detail-oriented self-starters looking to develop a well-rounded public relations skill set in an energetic and challenging environment. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), initiative, and creativity, as well as feel comfortable juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
Learn more about the internship’s responsibilities below:
- Drafting compelling content such as press releases, media pitches, blogs and more.
- Researching comprehensive press lists for local, national and trade media.
- Supporting media relations execution including pitching, media monitoring and more.
- Creating and scheduling social media content for clients across a variety of industries and channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Supporting social and influencer relations research and execution.
- Supporting execution of social listening, follower acquisition, and select social media advertising tactics.
- Participating in agency meetings, training sessions and brainstorming sessions.
- Handling research and analysis projects in support of client objectives as needed.
- Assisting with client and business projects as needed.
- Assisting with administrative duties as assigned by staff.
Key qualifications for interns include:
- Actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university journalism, public relations, strategic communications, marketing, advertising, or other related program.
- Previous professional or relevant internship experience.
- Solid, versatile writing skills in both creative and technical fields.
- An ability to be professional and personable in written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and good judgment.
- Smart, creative, assertive and innovative individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and willing to collaborate with teams.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with references, and three diverse writing samples to Natalie Weber at natalie [at] dittoepr [dot] com. No phone calls please. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, Nov. 4.
I was a summer 2022 intern, and I just wanted to encourage anyone considering this internship to apply! You won’t regret it, I gained amazing media relations experience as well as the opportunity to see the inner workings of a PR agency before I even graduated! On top of all that, the people are so welcoming and I’ve made life-long connections.
I was lucky enough to intern here in the fall of 2019 and look back so fondly on those internship memories. I gained some legit, real world experience and had the most supportive people backing me up. I highly encourage this internship.
This is something right up my alley when it comes to journalism/PR/Communications. I want to be a Sports Journalist so I think this internship for next year will help push me further along.