Social media has impacted nearly every industry but has had a profound influence on the media and public relations. This is just one reason why Dittoe PR is excited to continue to grow its social media services and dedicated social media team. Do you have an invested interest in social media? We have an immediate opening for a social media coordinator!
Social media coordinators are responsible for supporting the execution of strategic social media initiatives for Dittoe PR’s social media client roster. The ideal candidate is motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and strong creativity and attention to detail. There is an emphasis on social media content creation, social media management, social media analytics and reporting, and research.
This role is an entry-level position and preference will go toward those with relevant professional and/or internship experience in social media (public relations and agency experience is a plus). Salary will reflect the level of experience and includes a great benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, English or a related field
- Relevant experience in social media management and marketing (public relations and agency experience is a plus)
- Displays knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn (additional platforms are a plus)
- Understands B2B vs. B2C audiences and how to reach both
- Maintains excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of social media advertising
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media practices, strategic idea generation and content creation
- Has introductory experience using social media management and reporting tools (Sprout Social experience is a plus)
- Photography, video, editing and graphic design experience is a plus
- Supports creation of social media strategies alongside the social media strategist (and PR/media relations team, when applicable)
- Helps maintain brand and social media guidelines and establish core policies and procedures tailored to each client for items such as content approval, advertising planning/execution, reporting and more
- Supports execution of social media advertising strategies, budgets and calendars
- Supports execution of influencer relations on behalf of select client accounts
- Assists with creation, curation and management of all published content (images, video and written)
- Supports social media crisis communication and planning as needed
- Supports the management of social listening, follower acquisition and more
- Assists in reporting of social analytics and campaign performance to support reporting efforts
- Assists in the creation and execution of online reputation management plans when applicable to clients
- Maintains updated knowledge in social media best practices, platform updates and more
- Supports social media strategist with sales and marketing materials that support business development efforts related to social media services
- Co-leads social media trainings and quarterly social media workshops with social media strategist; contributes social media content to Dittoe PR’s blog
- Supports execution and management of Dittoe PR’s social media channels alongside social media strategist
Dittoe PR prides itself on proactively shaping narratives that influence behavior and invoke change on behalf of its clients every single day. Our team also collectively stands by its four core values: 1) Cultivate Happy, 2) We’ve Got Your Back, 3) Here We Grow, and 4) Exceed Expectations. You can read more about both our vision and our values in this blog post.
Dittoe PR is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Interviews with qualified candidates will begin immediately. To apply, send your personalized cover letter, resume with references, and relevant work examples to Greta Snell at gr***@di******.com with the subject line “Application for Social Media Coordinator.” No phone calls, please.