Dittoe Public Relations is seeking an experienced and strategic social media management professional to join our growing social media team! Position details and how to apply can be found below.
Meet Dittoe Public Relations
Dittoe Public Relations is an award-winning national public relations and social media agency headquartered in Indianapolis, specializing in media relations, thought leadership, content creation, social media management and advertising, influencer marketing and crisis communications. Our team serves an impressive roster of clients across the country in both B2B and B2C industries, such as tech, retail, hospitality, nonprofit, education, health care, real estate, sports and more.
What We Stand For
Dittoe PR embodies four core values: We’ve Got Your Back, Here We Grow, Exceed Expectations and Cultivate Happy (learn more in this blog post). Every team member strives to live out these values day in and day out while also maintaining servant leadership regardless of role or tenure. We prioritize the practice of anti-racism and are committed to cultivating a more inclusive and diverse culture (learn more in this blog post).
How to Apply
Dittoe PR is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received, and interviews with qualified individuals will begin immediately.
To apply, please send your resume with references and examples of social media work to Greta Snell at greta [at] dittoepr [dot] com with the subject line “Application for Senior Social Media Strategist.” No phone calls, please.
Senior Social Media Strategist Position Summary
The Senior Social Media Strategist is responsible for leading the development and execution of social media strategy, ensuring the social media team is performing within the scope of work and to client expectations. The Senior Social Media Strategist will primarily serve as ongoing strategic counsel, actively executing along client teams as directed by agency leadership.
At the onset, the Senior Social Media Strategist is involved in onboarding, strategic planning and execution, advertising strategy, campaign planning, and account management with the goal of becoming a strategic supervisor following the first 60-90 days. In addition to client support, the Senior Social Media Strategist is an active member of the agency’s extended leadership team, supporting as needed in new business, social team hiring efforts, mentorship and more.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day strategy and prioritization for the agency’s social media team, ensuring the social media team is performing within the scope of work and to client expectations while driving results and client retention/success.
- Lead onboarding for new social media clients, including the development and presentation of strategic social media plans as well as setting account teams up for success through delegation, resourcing, goal-setting, and providing clarity on roles/responsibilities per team member.
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel for social media account teams and client contacts, as needed, following the onboarding process.
- Lead client reporting for social media accounts, ensuring measurables are clear, analysis is thorough, and recommendations are strategic. Work closely with the agency’s VP of Client Services in an ongoing manner to support reporting templates and evolution.
- Serve as the primary lead on social media advertising strategy and execution for select agency clients. This includes strategic planning, budgeting, identifying target audiences, creating/launching advertising, reporting analytics, and more.
- Serve as the primary lead on influencer relations strategy, leading account teams on results-driven influencer campaigns. This is inclusive of strategic planning, identifying target influencers, developing tailored partnership agreements, supporting execution, and more.
- Act as a liaison between social media and PR teams, when needed, to ensure collaboration and success of client accounts serving both areas.
- Contribute as an active member of Dittoe PR’s extended leadership team, participating in bi-monthly meetings and supporting agency needs as assigned by the firm’s leadership team.
- Support the new business process as it relates to social media – as assigned by the firm’s new business team – by attending meetings, assisting in scope of work and proposal creation, and contributing to account team planning decisions.
- Lead recurring social media team brainstorms and strategic planning sessions.
- Stay up to date on social media trends and ensure appropriate education and implementation of relevant trends across the agency, including leading quarterly social media team trainings as well as agency-wide social media lunch-and-learns (with support from social media team) at least twice per year.
- Join bi-weekly meetings with Dittoe PR’s social media and business development teams to help develop new social content (owned and paid), blog content, and email marketing campaigns that support agency marketing.
Skills + Experience
- This role requires 5+ years of professional experience in social media marketing and management. Agency experience or experience managing multiple brands’ channels at once is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, marketing, or a related program is required.
- Advanced knowledge of social media management, marketing, and advertising strategy and tactics on all major platforms is required. Platforms most frequently managed include Facebook/Meta Business Manager, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter/X, and TikTok.
- Demonstrated success in social media campaign and strategy development as well as results-driven execution.
- Strong and versatile copywriting skills are a must.
- Candidates should have a proven track record in developing strategies and managing successful social advertising campaigns across applicable platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media metrics and analytics reporting and understanding of how to apply measurement to future strategy.
- Experience leading local and regional influencer relations is expected; national influencer experience is a plus.
- Experience with video content creation as it relates to social media (Reels, TikTok, etc.).
- Ability to communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with multiple teams/contacts.
- Experience managing people is preferred and servant leadership attributes are required.
- Digital marketing experience, inclusive of email marketing, Google Ads, etc., is a plus.
- Experience in platforms such as Sprout Social, Canva, InShot or similar, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Google Analytics, and Zoom is preferred.
- This is a full-time, salaried position; salary will reflect the level of experience upon job entry.
- In a fast-paced industry, team members will juggle multiple clients and competing deadlines.
- Occasional evenings, weekends or travel may be required as job duties demand.
- Being based in (or relocating* to) Central Indiana is preferred, but not required.
*Relocation costs are the responsibility of the candidate, if needed.
Dittoe PR understands the importance of providing benefits that support employee wellness in and out of the professional setting. Work benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Remote-first workplace, providing hybrid, remote, and on-destination opportunities.
- Daily flexible, autonomous work hours.
- Unlimited vacation days, 10 paid holidays, and three agency-wide mental health days.
- Professional development stipends, team-wide organizational coaching, internal mentorship program, and continuing education.
- Paid parental leave and fully remote work for the first year of the child’s life.
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits, inclusive of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs).
- Employer-match 401K plans.