This month, Dittoe PR celebrates 20 years in business! All month long, we’re celebrating our anniversary by sharing content dedicated to the big 2-0. Today, we’re reflecting back on 20 of our favorite moments over the past two decades. These moments were sourced from our entire team and are in no particular order.
1. Working on multiple BMW Championship tournaments. Our team has had the opportunity to work on the 2012, 2016, 2017 and 2019 PGA TOUR events. While every moment of tournament week is exhilarating, a top moment for a few of us is walking inside the ropes with Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy in 2012 at Crooked Stick Golf Club.
2. Joining 1,000 employees from TCC who were all dressed as superheroes at Riley Hospital for Children to form the largest group hug in the hospital’s history.
3. Team coaching with the fabulous Katara McCarty. Katara has helped our team create a vision and guiding values, and is helping all of us become better servant leaders.
Proactively shaping narratives that influence behavior and invoke change.
Our Guiding Values:
- Cultivate Happy
- We’ve Got Your Back
- Here We Grow
- Exceed Expectations
4. Incorporating our guiding values into a beautiful mural created by local artist William Ray. This amazing piece of art hangs in “Biggie” – our big conference room. And yes, our smaller conference room is called “Smallz.” If you don’t know, now you know.
5. In 2017, Dittoe PR served as the PR partner for Lonely Whale’s Strawless in Seattle campaign, which initiated a plastic straw ban in Seattle. Our success in promoting the event locally, nationally and internationally contributed to the ban being enacted in Seattle. This spearheaded the movement against plastic straws worldwide.
6. Annual Halloween pitch-in at a team member’s house followed by a team outing to Indy SCream Park (by far our scariest client).
7. Working with the COLUMBUS film team on promotion not only in Indiana but nationwide. The best part though was handling the hometown premiere and all the details – a red carpet event included – for the film’s release in Columbus, Indiana. Also, a couple of our team members got to play six degrees of separation with John Cho over drinks after one of the showtimes and cast Q&A events.
8. The annual Dittoe PR holiday party. Every December, our team breaks up into two groups and embarks on a scavenger hunt throughout Broad Ripple, and this isn’t your average friendly team outing. It’s extremely competitive and not for the faint of heart. ‘Tis the season!
9. Working on the launch of Canvas, the world’s first text-based interviewing platform. With the global release of Canvas, we’d be witnessing the future of the workplace. But first we’d have to convince its worth to the world’s toughest critics – the national media. Part of our efforts included planning and executing a national media tour in New York City, where we set up interviews and demos with outlets like Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune and New York Magazine. In the first seven days of the launch, we secured 39 media stories in prestigious national media outlets.
10. Our pickled pedaler outing. Because who doesn’t like drinking beer while on a bike with an electric assist motor?
11. When our team had the chance to work closely with Spike Lee for a LIDS documentary. We set up interviews with local media and Spike in Indianapolis and got to meet him.
12. When the Cubs won the World Series – as part of the LIDS team, we stayed up late to watch the entire World Series and see history be made. We worked closely with local Chicago media and even got to see the World Series trophy in-person a few months later.
13. Pickleball team outing. Can you tell there’s a competitive spirit within our office?
14. Enacting our anniversary wheel spin. Every Dittoe PR team member gets to spin the wheel on their work anniversary. Most of our prizes are good (hello, Nordstrom gift card), but we do have a few bad ones on there (say what, water balloon firing squad?), so wheel spins are an emotional roller coaster around our office.
15. When our client Stericycle partnered with the National Safety Council for the unveiling of its “Stop Everyday Killers” campaign. The memorial itself is so impactful and sheds light on our country’s opioid epidemic. It’s amazing to be a part of a national educational opioid campaign.
16. Annual team outing to the Indiana State Fair, especially when our fearless leader Chris Dittoe wins us stuffed animals to bring back to the office.
17. Moving into our current office space in South Broad Ripple in 2015…and eating Fat Dan’s and Twenty Tap on a weekly basis ever since.
18. Dittoe PR’s 10th Anniversary Party. Our veterans are especially fond of this memory, as it’s fun to reminisce on it now and consider how much we’ve grown and evolved as a team and as an agency since 2009.
19. Dittoe PR Love Connection. You read that right. Two members of our team were introduced to the men they will be marrying in 2020 thanks to their close friendships with their Dittoe PR colleagues.
20. Getting to work alongside so many passionate PR professionals and making lifelong friendships along the way!
Interested in learning more about our agency and the exciting work we do? Contact me at la****@di******.com.