Dittoe PR exceeded expectations nearly immediately, building trust and rapport with WGU Indiana’s team through strong client-agency communication and even stronger results. Initial goals were set by WGU Indiana, including quarterly thought leadership and major media placements, monthly SEO-valuable press releases and an annual innovative PR idea.
In the first eight months of the partnership, Dittoe PR secured:
- 181 media hits.
- 55 million media impressions.
- Over $750,000 in advertising value.
In volume alone, results were drastically higher than any PR results secured on behalf of WGU Indiana in years past.
In early 2020, WGU began to regionalize, creating opportunities for Dittoe PR to expand PR initiatives across six states and social media efforts across two states. By July 2020, this expansion came to fruition. Despite the challenges brought forth by the COVID-19 pandemic, Dittoe PR reported:
- 312 media hits.
- 179 million media impressions.
- $1,712,235 in advertising value across the region.
- 96 content pieces.
Key coverage drivers included student and alumni stories within hyperlocal markets, large-scale campaigns like Night Shift Nurses each November, and state- and region-wide op-ed campaigns on behalf of Chancellor and Regional Vice President Alison Bell and other university leaders.
Social media efforts for WGU Indiana and WGU Ohio channels resulted in positive increases in followers, engagements and impressions across all active channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Among other significant growth metrics, in 2020, WGU Indiana experienced a:
- 98% increase in impressions on Facebook.
- 19% increase in followers on Instagram.
In the five months Dittoe PR managed WGU Ohio’s social media channels, the organization experienced a:
- 131% increase in impressions on Facebook.
- 344% increase in engagements on Twitter.
- 323% increase in impressions.
- 616% increase in engagements on LinkedIn.
- 348% increase in impressions.
- 692% increase in engagements on Instagram.
Quickly and over time, Dittoe PR’s team became a true extension of the WGU team, creating a strong partnership that has the ability to withstand the test of time and obstacles to scale the University’s awareness, enrollment and credibility throughout Indiana and the Central Region.