We’re already looking forward to warmer weather and are seeking summer interns to complete our team. If you’re interested in experiencing PR agency life and gaining real-world knowledge by working with bright and talented professionals, then Dittoe Public Relations may be the place for you! Please carefully review the internship description below.
Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate an understanding of basic media relations skills, solid writing skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients, attention to detail and good judgment.
A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by the intern director and will work closely with the firm’s account executives. The intern director will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Summer interns will work 20-40 hours per week. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Responsibilities: We are looking for paid interns to work with us on a wide variety of client projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting basic public relations created content including news releases, fact sheets, media advisories, media pitches, client meeting summaries, status reports, social media posts and other materials as directed
- Carrying out special event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the intern director
- Attending and participating in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed
- Assisting with the development, research and updating of media lists and other databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections
- Assisting with administrative duties including sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned
- Supporting the firm’s efforts by drafting client-ready materials and performing research activities
- Assisting firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as needed
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and three varying writing samples to:
Britny Kalule, Account Executive
britny [at] dittoepr [dot] com
No phone calls please. The deadline to apply is 5:00 PM EST on Friday, February 12.