Are you interested in seeing what PR agency life is all about and gaining real-world knowledge and experience? Dittoe Public Relations may be the place for you! We’re hiring public relations interns for Fall 2021, and we want you to apply! This paid internship offers both part-time and full-time options.
Here’s what you need to know:
Dittoe PR interns are responsible for assisting with the execution of strategic public relations and social media initiatives and contributing to the success of the firm’s clients. Interns will be mentored by intern coordinators and work closely with the firm’s entire staff, from account coordinators to the company’s leadership team.
This internship is for detail-oriented self-starters looking to develop a well-rounded public relations skill set in an energetic and challenging environment. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills (both verbal and written), initiative, and creativity, as well as feel comfortable juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
Learn more about the internship’s responsibilities below:
- Drafting compelling content such as press releases, media pitches, blogs and more
- Researching comprehensive press lists for local, national and trade media
- Supporting media relations execution including pitching, media monitoring and more
- Creating and scheduling social media content for clients across a variety of industries and channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Supporting social and influencer relations research and execution
- Supporting execution of social listening, follower acquisition, and select social media advertising tactics
- Participating in agency meetings, training sessions and brainstorming sessions
- Handling research and analysis projects in support of client objectives as needed
- Assisting with client and business projects as needed
- Assisting with administrative duties as assigned by staff
Key qualifications for interns include:
- Actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university journalism, public relations, strategic communications, marketing, advertising, or other related program
- Previous professional or relevant internship experience
- Solid, versatile writing skills in both creative and technical fields
- An ability to be professional and personable in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates attention to detail and good judgment
- Smart, creative, assertive and innovative individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willing to collaborate with teams
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with references, and three diverse writing samples to Madisen Petrosky at madisen [at] dittoepr.com. No phone calls please. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 25.