We’re on the hunt for solid candidates for our spring internship program. If you’re interested in applying, read below and be sure to send your materials in by Tuesday, October 16. We will begin interviewing the week of October 21.
Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate strong writing skills, a basic understanding of media relations, an ability to interact professionally with clients and good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by the intern director and will work closely with the firm’s account executives. The intern director will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Spring interns will work 20-40 hours per week. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Responsibilities: We are looking for a paid intern to work with us on a wide variety of client projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting basic public relations materials including news releases, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports, social media posts and other materials as directed
- Carrying out special event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the intern director
- Attending and participating in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed
- Assisting with the development and updating of media lists and other databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections
- Assisting with administrative duties including sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned
- Supporting the firm’s efforts by drafting news releases and performing research activities
- Assisting firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as needed
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to:
Christy Chen, Partner and VP of Sales & Marketing
Dittoe Public Relations
2815 E. 62nd Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46220
Or email: christy [at] dittoepr.com
No phone calls please.