Over the last two decades, social media has become a primary marketing channel. In fact, more than 53% of the world’s population is on social media, making it critical for businesses to engage social media to reach key audiences. Dittoe PR is thrilled to continue to grow this service area for its local and national roster of clients. To support this growth, we have an immediate opening for an entry-level social media coordinator.
Social media coordinators (SMC) work closely with Dittoe PR’s social media team to execute successful social media strategies, often alongside public relations teams, on behalf of the firm’s social media client roster. SMCs primarily support (and drive, as needed) social media execution and administrative tasks, including social reporting, daily management, content creation for various social channels, research, competitor monitoring, social listening and more, as directed by the account lead(s).
We need self-starters and team players who enjoy collaborating with teams and clients. The ideal candidate is motivated and enthusiastic about the ever-evolving social media field. In addition to being driven to learn social media skills and execute social media campaigns, an SMC is expected to have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and strong creativity.
Preference will go toward those with strong internship or entry-level experience in social media. Salary will reflect level of experience and includes a great benefits package. Other perks include – but are not limited to – flexible hours, a hybrid working environment, a professional development allowance, organizational coaching, unlimited vacation time and the work anniversary “Wheel of Celebration,” among many others.
- Manage master internal and external client folders, meeting agendas and more.
- Communicate with clients daily regarding metrics reporting, general updates and more.
- Lead social and influencer relations research (i.e., influencer list building) and support execution.
- Support execution of social media advertising strategies, budgets and calendars.
- Assist with creation, curation and management of all published content (images, video and written), including attending appropriate events or content capture opportunities.
- Support the daily management of social listening, follower acquisition and more.
- Manage campaign reporting by pulling social metrics and analytics, summarizing campaign performance and more.
- Support, when needed, with crisis communications and online reputation management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in social media best practices, platform updates and more.
- Support management of Dittoe PR’s digital and social media presence.
- When available, contribute to business initiatives such as content creation for Dittoe PR’s blog and new employee mentoring.
- Understand how to utilize research and reporting tools, including Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Canva, etc.
Dittoe PR prides itself on proactively shaping narratives that influence behavior and invoke change on behalf of our clients every single day. Our team also collectively stands by our four core values: 1.) Cultivate Happy, 2.) We’ve Got Your Back, 3.) Here We Grow and 4.) Exceed Expectations. You can read more about both our vision and our values in this blog post. Dittoe PR prioritizes an anti-racism practice and is committed to cultivating a more inclusive and diverse culture by taking consistent action, continuing education and ensuring accountability. Learn more on our anti-racism work here.
Dittoe PR is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin immediately. To apply, please send your resume with references and relevant work examples to Greta Snell at email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Social Media Coordinator.” No phone calls, please.