Think you have what it takes to be a Dittoe PR intern?
It’s that time of year again! We’ll be interviewing for our 2013 Spring internship positions in mid-October. If you’d like to be considered, read the description below and send your resume, cover letter and writing samples to christy [at] dittoepr.com.
Public Relations Internship Job Description:
Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments and possess an understanding of basic media relations skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients, and good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by the intern director and will work closely with the firm’s account executives. The intern director will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 15-30 hours a week. Summer interns will work 40 hours per week. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Responsibilities: We are looking for a paid intern to work with us on a wide variety of client projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting basic public relations materials including news releases, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports, social media posts and other materials as directed
- Carrying out special and media event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the intern director
- Attending and participating in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed
- Assisting with the development and updating of media lists and other databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections
- Assisting with administrative duties including sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned
- Supporting the firm’s efforts by drafting news releases and performing research activities
- Assisting firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as needed
Note: This is a paid internship, and we are seeking applicants that can work 15-30 hours a week.