The Dittoe PR Tool Box
Dittoe Public Relations had the pleasure of hosting four bright Indiana PRSSA students yesterday forHoosier PRSA’s Half-Day with a Pro. I must say, it’s very refreshing getting to know students in PR, and it’s great to see such an ambitious group of young people ready to someday work alongside us.
We shared with them the tools that we use day-in and day-out at Dittoe PR. These are tools that all PR students should get familiar with, to stay ahead of the game. So here it is, The Dittoe PR Toolbox.
PR Pros: What other tools have you used that you find helpful?
Our Favorite PR Blogs, Newsletters & Twitter Chats
- PRNewser – industry news and research study-driven
- PR Breakfast Club – more tips-driven
- Ragan’s Daily Headlines
- On Twitter, follow @ThePRCoach. He posts articles on PR-related topics
- #pr20chat – a weekly Twitter chat (Tues 8PM EST) about public relations 2.0, moderated by@PRtini and @JGoldsborough
- Compete – Find web traffic numbers & stats for websites
- Journalist Tweets – See what journalists are saying on Twitter
- WeFollow – Great for searching for Twitter users registered under specific terms
- ePodunk – Tool for finding media in small markets
- Searchtastic – Search Twitter history and export tweets to Excel
- What the Hashtag? – encyclopedia for hashtags found on Twitte
Media Relations Tools
- ProfNet – Reporters use ProfNet to connect with expert sources; they post queries for media opportunities that we can then pitch for on behalf of our clients if it’s a good fit. Service from PR Newswire.
- HARO (Help A Reporter Out) – free service, very similar to ProfNet
- Cision (and Vocus) – media databases; use to build press lists, find reporters, media outlets, etc.
- Business Wire (PR Newswire, etc.) – press release distribution
- TweetDeck – tool for managing Twitter; great for managing multiple accounts from one dashboard
- CoTweet – web-based tool for managing Twitter; great for managing Twitter accounts where more than one person tweets for a particular account; also, good for managing more than one account from a single dashboard