Green BEAN Delivery gives back to Midwest food banks through social media campaign
Green BEAN Delivery, the year-round food delivery service that brings the freshest local & organic produce and natural groceries right to your doorstep, donated nearly 5 tons of fresh produce to five local food banks in the markets it serves, in a joint effort with its customers, through its “Like, Share, Give” Facebook campaign on Dec. 15. The donation of 10,000 pounds of fresh produce was evenly distributed and sent to the following food banks:
- Dare to Care Food Bank in Louisville, Ky.
- Gleaners Food Bank in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Freestore Foodbank in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank in Columbus, Ohio
- St. Louis Area Food Bank in St. Louis, Mo.
Click the links above to find out more about each individual city, which includes coverage from WTHR-TV (Indianapolis), WCMH-TV (Columbus), MSN.com, Food Industry Today, and more.