Dittoe PR is Interviewing for Fall Internship Position
Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, and posses an understanding of basic media relations skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients, and good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by the intern director and will work closely with the account executives. The intern director will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 15-30 hours a week. Summer interns will work 40 hours per week. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Responsibilities: We are looking for a paid intern to work with us on a wide variety of client projects. The intern:
- Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials as directed.
- Carries out special and media event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the intern director.
- Attends and participates in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed.
- Assists with the development and updating of media lists and other databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections.
- Assists with administrative duties including sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned.
- Supports the firm’s efforts by drafting new client releases and performing research activities.
- Assists firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as needed.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to:
Christy Oberley, Director of Business Development
Dittoe Public Relations
2815 E. 62nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46220
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Fall Internships: August 13th