We’re Hiring! Talented Account Executive Needed
Calling all PR pros! We have an immediate opening for an Account Executive position.
Dittoe Public Relations seeks a stellar Account Executive to join its team. Account Executives are responsible for developing and executing strategic public relations initiatives on behalf of the firm’s clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), strong creativity, high energy and an outgoing personality. A strong emphasis is placed on media relations, strategic account management and client communication. We need self-starters and team players who enjoy spreading the word for the firm’s clients.
Limited travel is required for press tours, trade shows and client meetings. Preference will go toward those with at least two years of experience in public relations/media relations (agency experience is a plus). Salary will reflect level of experience and includes a great benefits package. Other perks include a gym membership, breakfast on Fridays, a weekly half-day work from home policy, summer flex hours, Wine Wednesdays, the “Wheel of Celebration” to celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries, breakfast/lunch & learns, unlimited vacation time and paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Manage proactive media relations efforts for target media (national, local and trade)
- Work closely with senior account team members to implement objectives and strategies to achieve clients’ defined goals
- Assist in content creation, such as press releases and advisories, thought leadership bylines, brand messaging, website content and more
- Conduct and synthesize research, including media landscape and competitor analyses
- Compile comprehensive measurement reports detailing public relations and media relations efforts and outcomes
- Identify new opportunities to solve clients’ business problems and assist in the development of integrated, strategic public relations and social media campaigns
- Guide clients through the execution of public relations strategy and maintain constant communication as a primary point of contact
- Research industry trends, press lists and more
- Assess and provide crisis communication expertise when necessary
- Assist in event planning and coordination when needed
- Commit to continuous learning and training opportunities
- Supervise staff junior to you on projects, including Account Coordinators and seasonal interns
- Contribute to the well-being, development and growth of the agency
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, English or a related field
- At least two years of full-time, relevant experience in public relations or a related field (agency experience is a plus)
- Smart, creative, assertive and innovative individual who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate with teams
- Must be a talented and versatile writer with both creative and technical writing experience
- Media relations experience with a successful track record of pitching and securing opportunities
- Successful track record of developing strategic public relations and social media campaigns
- Proven ability to manage multiple client accounts in a variety of industries
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge in social media, design, photography/videography are a plus
To apply, send your cover letter, resume with references, and writing samples to Greta Snell, Senior Account Manager, at greta[at]dittoepr.com.