Dittoe PR Gives Thanks
Before the Dittoe PR crew enters into a four-day food coma over the Thanksgiving holiday, we wanted to be sure to highlight the many things we’re thankful for this year. There are several tools and resources out there that make our job easier and all the more fun. Here are just a few:
- Social Media – It’s safe to say that social media is one of the newer additions to the day-to-day tasks of a PR pro. As we continue to utilize the power of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs and the like, we’re now able to make a name for our clients and agency in an entirely new space and share content with an entirely new audience.
- Technology – Our job doesn’t start at 8 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. Instead, when you work in PR, you are at work when your clients need you. Thanks to smartphones, laptops, etc., PR pros are always accessible and able to nail down front-page stories from just about anywhere.
- Media databases – Talk about a lifesaver. Subscription-based media databases are the butter to our bread. With endless media contacts at our fingertips, we are truly unstoppable and capable of landing awesome coverage across all forms of media.
- Internet – Yes, it seems obvious, but let’s just take a second to think about how it positively impacts the work we do. Thanks to the internet, we are able to do our research and stay informed on all our clients’ industries, among the million other things. Oh internet, how we love you!
- Each other – Let’s face it. We work day in and day out to come up with creative and engaging ideas, whether it be for pitches, press releases, etc. Sometimes, the creative juices just stop flowing – especially if you’re caffeine deprived. That’s why all PR pros should take a minute to thank their co-workers. I know when I’m banging my head against a brick wall, mine are always there, willing and ready to offer up all their fresh ideas.
Happy Thanksgiving to all from everyone here at Dittoe PR!