If you’re interested in experiencing PR agency life and gaining real-world knowledge and experience, then Dittoe Public Relations may be the place for you! Please carefully review the internship description below.
Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or another communications-related program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate an understanding of basic media relations skills, solid writing skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients, attention to detail, strong work ethic and good judgment.
The public relations intern will be mentored by the intern director and will work closely with the firm’s account coordinators, account executives and senior account managers. Summer interns will ideally work 40 hours per week. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Responsibilities: We are looking for paid interns to work with us on a wide variety of client projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting basic public relations created content including news releases, fact sheets, media advisories, media pitches, client meeting summaries, status reports, social media posts and other materials as directed
- Assisting with the development, research and updating of media lists and other databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and updating additions and corrections
- Supporting the firm’s efforts by drafting client-ready materials and performing research activities for new and existing clients
- Carrying out special event planning activities and duties as outlined by the intern director
- Attending and participating in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed
- Assisting with administrative duties including B2B communications, organization, office tasks and errands on behalf of team members
- Assisting firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as needed
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and three varying writing samples to:
Britny Kalule, Senior Account Manager and Intern Director
britny [at] dittoepr [dot] com
No phone calls please. The deadline to apply is 5:00 PM EST on Monday, February 6.