2014 Fall Internship Opportunities
It’s time for us to start looking for our next class of Dittoe PR fall interns. If working with a team of ridiculously smart and talented individuals such as ourselves interests you, please read the job description below.
Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate an understanding of basic media relations skills, solid writing skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients and good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by the intern director and will work closely with the firm’s account executives. The intern director will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Fall interns will work 20-40 hours per week. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Responsibilities: We are looking for a paid intern to work with us on a wide variety of client projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting basic public relations materials including news releases, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports, social media posts and other materials as directed
- Carrying out special event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the intern director
- Attending and participating in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed
- Assisting with the development and updating of media lists and other databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections
- Assisting with administrative duties including sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned
- Supporting the firm’s efforts by drafting news releases and performing research activities
- Assisting firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as needed
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to:
Michelle Bower, Senior Account Manager Dittoe Public Relations 2815 E. 62nd Street, Suite 300 Indianapolis, IN 46220 Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please. The deadline to apply is 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, July 9. Interviews will begin the following week of July 14. Happy summer!